10/13/09

love, it takes time, it takes time


Time.
It's something that we take for granted.
"I'm sorry, I don't have time."
"We don't have time to do that."
"You don't have time to say hello, keep going."
"Don't slow down, there's no time."
And even when you try to make time, you're not really making time. You're simply hoping that something changes so you can pencil something else in and make it work.
You better wake up, you'd better start making the time, because before you know it the person you were always trying to make time for won't be around anymore. Maybe they'll be in another country, maybe they'll have moved on from your life, maybe they'll be dead.
The idea is to stop trying, and start doing. Stop everything once in a while. You do have the time. It's not the end of the world if you're late for school, or work, or volunteering one time. It's not the end of the world if you get up off your ass and go out into the world and smile and say hello to someone, hold a door for someone, say thank you, say please. You are not too busy for common courtesy.
It takes time. So make time.
To laugh, to dance alone, to breathe.
For them, for this, for yourself.
For love.

3 comments:

  1. Very good advice. I have to say the same. All the things that I used to think I had no time for are now the things I believe I could never live without.

    Keep on rocking out knowledge like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST. PICTURE. EVER.

    But more importantly this rules and is so true.

    ...no I changed my mind the picture is more important. But the words are close! ;)

    ReplyDelete