7/6/09

i would go out tonight, but i haven't got a stitch to wear


So I had a date yesterday. It was nice. We went vintage/antique shopping and had a picnic and walked around a conservation area. And we drove in a convertible with the top down (and I tanned a bit more! How great is that?!).
I like it because I haven't been talking to this boy online at all. Just texts and phone calls and yesterday, in person. I think I like it better this way, because people online have some strange courage in them, probably because they don't have to actually look the person they're talking to in the face. Talking in person just seems a lot more real to me and I get the whole idea of them.
Unfortunately I just don't see how it will work in the end as he is going to Alberta for the next two years starting in September. It's kind of bittersweet, I guess. Right now, it's just nice. Nice to have someone to do cute silly things with and go out with and just not be alone. But it's just not going to work in the end. If I know anything about myself, it's that I need someone WITH me. Physically. I need the affection. I just don't think I could make something long distance work very well.
I'll just enjoy it right now, I guess. I just have to distance myself.
Truth is, I've never been good at distancing myself.

Also, I think people brag because they're insecure.

2 comments:

  1. "Also, I think people brag because they're insecure."

    I think that is very true.

    Again - my thoughts are with you.

    Sounds like we both need a party to just go wild and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I need long drives to no where/car dances/loud music/talks/Starbucks caramel machiatos/Jeff please!

    ReplyDelete