7/4/09

i was nineteen, call me


I went up to Guelph house yesterday and painted from 1 pm to 3 am.
And then I woke up at 10:30 and painted til 1:30.
I have blisters, my knee hurts, and I have paint between my toes.
I am not done. I only have the first coat of paint on everything.

It's not as pretty as I wanted it to be... maybe I'll feel differently when my furniture is in it.
Who knows.

I had a lot of time to myself to think, and surprisingly, I didn't think about you all that much.
The one thing I did think of was how you could hardly stand her, and now you're with her all the time.
The other thing I thought of was when you said you used to be in love with her.
You said, "Know how I know?"
"How?", I asked.
"Because of how much it fucking hurt."

And I started thinking about that, and about how much it fucking hurt.
And I realized, if you're right, then I was in love with you, too.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect title.

    I always find when I working away at something that is when the strangest thoughts come in to my head.

    I think it would be therapeutic if it was not so consistently depressing.

    Looks as if we have the same issue.

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I hate the fact that it can't be something good or happy. Even now, something good is happening right NOW, but it's going to be shitty in a couple months again.
    I need to tell you about this. When do you come home next? We need another coffee/spill your guts date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely.

    I tried to contact you during the week I was home (June 21 - June 28) but I didn't want to seem pushy.

    I would love to see you and have another soul-share.

    I think I shall be home the weekend of July 17, 18 and 19.

    ReplyDelete