11/9/09

i saw you smile


Despite things being beyond fucked up, crazy, and hectic, I am getting back in the swing of things and figuring myself out.

Last night I slept so well, and this morning I woke up beside you.
I woke up and felt fine.
I had class all day.
I had a great lunch with MC and Ashley.
I had a midterm that I owned at least half of.
I got out early and came home.
I wrote my English essay in under an hour.
I emailed my profs for next semester to get me into the classes.
I've figured out what to do.
I have one more midterm and one more paper.
Then it's just finals, then it's Christmas break.
And everyone is home, and everything will be great.
I can't wait to be back with my best friends.

There's so much in my head, so much in my heart.
There's so much I need to say to you.
Do you see where I am?
(I keep smiling, maybe I'm really happy this time.
But why aren't you a part of this when I was so sure of you at one point?)

Can't you see that you could have had it all.

1 comment: