9/15/09

so come closer, baby


So I'm all moved in and the rest of the girls have moved in as well. We're having an absolute blast and everything is so laid back and great. We got hot water last week on Wednesday and we finally got internet today, which is the reason for my awfully late update. The past two weeks have been completely intense and... interesting, to say the least.
Brooke left on Tuesday and it absolutely breaks my heart. I miss her a lot. Now two of my best friends are away in/near Ottawa. I miss you both. Please come home soon. Riley is also gone and I haven't talked to him really since I moved in.
Anyway, the first two days of class were good. I really love my children's literature class. I also have a first year art history class, nutrition (for my second science), medieval art history, and Greek art history. All of them are really great, but my favourite is definitely English. My art girls are in medieval and children's lit with me which makes it a lot easier for me to get along in the classes. Oh, and I dropped over $300 on textbooks. Fuck. My. Life. Hello, we're starving students here! Make the goddamn textbooks that we use for four months and then get rid of cheaper than $157 each. Ugh.
That's about it for school... cooking in the house is going well. Rebecca and I always team up and cook awesome dinners. I also applied for a couple of jobs and am going job hunting again on Thursday when I have the car. Speaking of Thursday, that is the day that my parents leave for their Mediterranean cruise for two weeks. I hope they have the greatest time and love Europe as much as I did... because in that case, they can come visit me whenever they want when I move to Paris!
Other than that, the weekend was absolutely great. I came home Friday night and went out for a bit with my mom. Saturday mom and I went out again to get groceries and run some errands. Then I texted Anto to ask if he was going to Hess. We ended up going to Caleigh house with his cousins and their friends to just chill. It was a really fun! Anto invited me out Saturday night too for his "go away" party (haaah). At first I wasn't sure if I was going to go because I don't really know any of his friends, but I decided to go anyway. And surprisingly, it was really awesome (minus feeling slightly awkward when I was left standing alone, but a lot of the people there were really nice and talked to me). I had a lot of fun watching a very drunk Anto stand on stools and "stage dive" into about three people. He's a nice boy. Except now he is gone for two months on tour with Swellers. Why do people continuously leave me?! It really does break my heart.
Anyway. Interesting. I wish I could say more but... maybe things will work out better if I don't say anything at all.
ALSO, Eleanor came over yesterday to visit! I'm so happy! I haven't seen her in so long and it just made me really excited to know that I have a friend who will make time for me. Thank you. I love you.
It's almost my bed time (yeah, I go to bed at 10, what of it?). So I shall be off. I'll hopefully update more now that we have the internet. Alex, Rebecca and I literally sat within two feet of each other completely silent because we were on the internet and catching up on class stuff/lurking (mostly lurking). We're winners. Really.

On another note, Lydia is fucking amazing. Listen to them. You will fall in love.
So come closer, baby... I want to... see what you're made of... see what you're made of... cause this isn't all we can be... you're not the same and I'm... I'm not the same and...

No comments:

Post a Comment