5/12/09

happiness by the kilowatt


So someone thinks I'm trying to be someone I'm not. Really, how do I know who I am if I don't try out any of the things I could possibly try? How do YOU know who YOU are? I really am not the same girl as I was a few years back. I mean, I'm still the same nice girl. I try so hard to be nice and please people (I am cursed with being a people pleaser 24/7, although I do occasionally consider myself...sometimes...once in a while...okay, rarely). Is it because I dress differently? Imagine me now still gothed up? baahah how great would that be? Except.. it wouldn't be great at all.
I was tired of people not taking me seriously. So I did something about it. I changed the way I dressed. And my hair, well, that's been changing since I was in eighth grade. I've also become a victim of shoe-lovery. So what? Don't most girls fall for shoes?
At least shoes won't break your heart.
As for art, I love it, but it's not my passion. To be honest, I wasn't that good at it anyway. I didn't feel the need to entertain that talent anymore. But I do still love it. I don't know what my passion is at the moment which is why I'm doing a lot of different things to try to figure it out.
I wonder if the person who said that really knows me, or just think that they know me.
Please, if you're reading this, get to know me, then make the judgement. I promise you that my core values are still the same as they've always been. It's just the outside that is in this never-ending transformation.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been having really messed up dreams lately. A boy on fire laying on the floor but not doing anything about it and me watching and a room that I couldn't stand up straight in... Hmm.
I need to stop reading Tess Gerritsen novels.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine and I are having really messed up dreams as well.

    Time of the year?

    I can relate to the ever-changing self. Thankfully, I think I have found something I love.

    I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you <3
    I hope I can find something I love, too.

    ReplyDelete