6/27/09

there's no glitter in the gutter

Wow. Took me fucking long enough. But I am back. I kind of went MIA for a while.. until last night.
Last night was great! Rebecca invited me to go to Che with her, Amanda, Camila, Aleks, and Kathleen and after a very very big cryfest with my mom I decided it would be good for me to go. I'd be lying if I said I didn't intend to get as drunk as I was. But. Then I'd be lying. And I don't lie very often.
I don't even know what the fuck I drank, but it served me well and I was pretty fucking stoked on life. Che wasn't even super packed because tons of people were at Hot Flashes. Note to self: FUCK Hot Flashes. Seriously. It's lame and it usually has shitty people and it usually has shitty music (sorry Jason Mante). Che is a way better scene and I would choose it over Hot Flashes any day of the week (thank you Christopher McNamee for the whiskey sour).
Anyway. Good night. Good talks. It made me feel like I have people who will watch out for me and that means the world to me. Thank you lovelies.

So. Edgefest! Finally. Edgefest was amazing!


The Arkells fucking rocked. I love them, and the fact that they named their album "Jackson Square". Oh Hamilton.


We missed most of the Stills because of waiting for half an hour for a bathroom, but there was this interesting hair-metaly band playing the side stage that we got to see. Dean Lickyer or something? Kind of rad.


I made cookies for the day and they got squished into a big singular ball of cookie. Win.


K-os was sweet and he freestyled all of the names of the bands playing the main stage and the Edge into a song. How nice!


Metric! Emily Haines is adorable and inspiring. She told us that if someone tells us that we can't do something, we should do it anyway because nothing is impossible. Then she proceeded to laugh maniacally and sing Stadium Love.


Then I ran over to the side stage to see the Cancer Bats. Liam took a leap of faith into the crowd. Honestly. I think he cleared like seven feet. NUTS.


People were mud wrestling. By the end of the day, there was no grass left. At all.


Alexisonfire was fantastic as usual and I was impressed that they didn't play a lot of their new stuff. I think they only played Young Cardinals and Old Crows? It got me stoked though because I love the old tunes! Unfortunately they did not play Get Fighted and I totally wish they did.


We wore ponchos because it pissed rain. Hi siblings.


THEN IT WAS AFI AFI AFI TIMEEEEE. I was so, so, so excited. I was second row from the front with Sam and I was so excited while waiting that I almost vomited I was so excited. I can't believe I saw AFI! Steven took lots of pictures for me so I could go up close and freak out without breaking things, and this was the greatest shot. Best picture of the day. Thank you brother!! I love you. AND AFI. It was the best forty minutes of my life and I can die happy now.


Then I met up with my dear Scott and he got me backstage! I met a bunch of people. It was cool! Thank you Scott :)


We watched Billy Talent from the stage. Greatest end to the greatest (wettest, muddiest, most disgusting) day!




Fin.

2 comments:

  1. *parties*

    Nice. Sounds like it was a pretty awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fantastic! I wish you could have been there.
    Seeing AFI with you would have been the greatest since we love them so much :)
    Next time they come around, let's go see them together?
    I think they're playing Warped Tour!!!

    ReplyDelete