8/28/09

all the lace and the skin in the shop couldn't get you off


I'm sitting in the spare room waiting for pizza to be delivered. After that I'll be going over to JC's for our first photoshoot of the Photoshoot Extravaganza Weekend. I am quite excited for this because it means I'll be doing makeup, which means I'll get a much better sense of if this is the career for me. I really hope it is because I have my heart set on going to a great school in Toronto after I'm done university. Speaking of university, I move back to Guelph in exactly a week. I am thinking of going up early in the day with mom to do a bit of cleaning, at least in the bathrooms and my room and vacuum the main floor. I still have to move my clothes up. This is terrifying, living on my own. I'll also have to get groceries... oh dear.
Anyway, my New York weekend was quite awesome. Mom and I shopped at the Walden Galleria on Thursday night when we stayed in Buffalo and I bought a new pair of jeans (BDG, hell yes), a new pair of Chucks (turquoise), and a real cute pair of bronze Steve Madden sandals. The next morning we drove to the airport and flew to New York City where we met my brother at the hotel we were staying at in Queens. Queens, let me tell you, is not exactly the nicest place to stay. It's about a 20 minute train ride from Penn Station in Manhattan and is filled with immigrants and failing stores and businesses. It was, however, a great way to get a cheaper hotel instead of staying at the ones right in Manhattan. Anyway, we did a lot of bus sightseeing, saw the September 11th site, the seaport, Central Park, 5th Avenue, the Fashion District, all seven floors of Macy's plus four floors of Bloomingdales, the Body World museum, a Titanic museum, SoHo and Greenwich Village. If I ever moved to New York, I would live in Greenwich Village or SoHo, hands down. The central city was too crowded, too packed with tourists, and too overwhelming for my liking. It seemed like every time I went into a one-stall bathroom, that was my only down-time. That was the only time I was completely away from people and the grandeur of the city. I have no idea how people live right in midtown Manhattan, but I suppose eventually you get used to the hustle and bustle. I would much prefer the Village.
My brother, mom, and I all had a great time nonetheless. We have a lot of good phrases from the weekend, such as "Fuck'em if they can't take a joke", "We've been in this tunnel for a long time...", and "Charlie's Brown teacher". It was nice to be able to laugh with them and be a family. Too bad my dad didn't get to come, but I somehow have a feeling that he might not have enjoyed it as much as we did. The picture I posted above is of my brother, mom, and I in Central Park on a bridge with the city in the background. How cute is that?! It has to be my favourite family photo.
Other than that, Brooke came home! I am so thankful and happy, even if it's just for a little while. I missed her more than she could even fathom. Brooke, Natalie, and I went to Subway and then saw Julie & Julia (which is very adorable and quite funny, I highly recommend it!) on Wednesday. It was just so great to see them and hang out with my old friends. It's nice to know that I have them even if we don't see each other that often.
After the movie, I went to Motown with Riley and some of his friends from school. It was an interesting experience. We both got kind of (really) awesome and danced the night away. And then we walked up to Hess and got a cab back to my place. The next day we went on an awesome walk through the trails and out to the horse farm. It was such a beautiful day and such a pleasant walk.
Anyway, I don't really know what else to say. I cleaned my house today which was a big job. I'm sore and sleepy, but excited for the shoot tonight.
Also, it still hurts, but not as much as it used to.
PS: You pose like a girl. Man the fuck up.

2 comments: