1/16/10

free


Chugging white rum and chasing with white wine. I seriously think that if I ever taste white wine again, I'll feel sick.
But anyway, such a good night after a relatively shitty day. Rebecca, Amanda, Camila, Kathleen, Aleks -- thank you. I love you girls.
And for the first time in my life, I realized that I'm not in love with anyone. No one. I'm free. It feels so weird. I feel like I have nothing to do with my time and no one to lurk and no one to think about. My mind and time is not consumed by anyone in particular other than...friends and family and school and what I'm going to eat for dinner.
It feels nice. I think I'm going to keep it this way for a while.
I'm a kid. Let's have fun.

The world before me. The wall behind me. I don't know which side I'm on, but it's the right one for me. I'll take my time now. I'll sing my heart out. Now I know the strings that held me down have come undone, I'm on my way. This isn't the first time I've been to this place, but it's the last time I'll be afraid of anything. And so the next time you look at my face, know it's the last time you'll ever get to question me on my broken legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment